Also if ponies have any vices or problems, e.g. crib biting, wind sucking, weaving, stable-walking, etc. it is essential that we know about it, as you may be asked to take your pony home at night time if this is the case. Please remember to worm your pony before camp. Read the section on worming in the manual of Horsemanship. Please check your Pony’s Shoes and have him / her shod for camp. Passports and flu vaccinations must be up to date for ponies to be admitted.
- The tack your pony uses together with Numnah and saddle pad if required.
- Head collar and lead rope.
- Grooming kit to include Brushes, Curry Comb, Mane comb, Hoof pick, plaiting bands, hoof oil & brush, Sponges.
- Tack cleaning kit to include Saddle soap, cloths and sponges
- Hard Feed & Hay – no new hay – must be last year’s!
- Bedding – no paper bedding – shavings/straw are acceptable
- Barrow and shovel/fork
Don’t panic if you forget anything on the Sunday!!!
- West Waterford Pony Club Sweat Shirt
- Riding Boots
- Blue/White Shirt
- Pony Club Tie & Badge
- Riding Gloves
- Spare set of clothing/footwear
- Rain gear
- Back Protector Level 3
- Riding Hat PAS015, EN1384 or ASTM F1163
- Bring a little money for the Tuck Shop each day
- Packed lunch each day.
Please label all your gear and note that no jewellery is allowed.
Please see the Irish Pony Club Camps Page for general information on IPC camps.