Preparing for Camp!!
- Please remember to worm your pony before camp. Read the section on worming in the manual of Horsemanship.
- Please check your Pony’s Shoes, do they need to see the farrier prior to camp.
- Passports and flu vaccinations must be up to date for ponies to be admitted.
What Should I Bring?
- The tack your pony uses together with Numnah and saddle pad if required.
- Head collar and lead rope.
- Grooming kit to include Brushes, Curry Comb, Mane comb, Hoof pick, plaiting bands, hoof oil & brush, Sponges.
- Tack cleaning kit to include Saddle soap, cloths and sponges
- Hay – no new hay – must be last year’s!
- Water and Water Bucket.
- West Waterford Pony Club Sweat Shirt
- Riding Boots
- Blue/White Shirt
- Pony Club Tie & Badge
- Riding Gloves
- Spare set of clothing/footwear
- Rain gear
- Back Protector Level 3 2009 or newer
- Riding Hat PAS015, EN1384 or ASTM F1163
- Packed lunch each day & plenty of water.
- Hand sanitiser or sanitary wipes.
Don’t panic if you forget anything, we will make sure you have what you need!!!
Please label all your gear and note that no jewellery or mobile phones are allowed.
Please see the Irish Pony Club members information Page for general information.